We are pleased to introduce the bidder rewards scheme on thesaleroom.com
What is the rewards scheme?
The scheme rewards those bidders who spend the most on lots purchased on thesaleroom.com. Based on the amount you spend you may qualify for benefits and a cash rebate.
Who can join the rewards scheme?
The scheme is open to all bidders on thesaleroom.com who opt-in.
When does the rewards scheme start?
The scheme starts on the 1st January 2019. (Information first posted October 2018).
How does the rewards scheme work?
The scheme has 6-month qualifying periods which start on the 1st January and the 1st July of each year. The qualifying thresholds and benefits are as follows:
- The marginal rebate percentage applies to the total hammer value in excess of £30,000 for lots purchased on thesaleroom.com per qualifying period. For example, a bidder who purchases £50,000 of lots in a qualifying 6 month period would receive a rebate of £400 (2% x (£50,000-£30,000)).
- Total hammer value excludes VAT, buyer’s premium, delivery and commission fee.
- You need to be registered for the scheme to obtain the benefits for that qualifying period. For example, to qualify for 1st July – 31st December, you must already be registered on the scheme or register during that period.
- Scheme benefits will accrue/be paid approximately 90 days after the end of the relevant qualifying period.
- You will need to provide us with your bank account details to receive a cash rebate payment. We will ask you to provide these details should you qualify for a cash rebate. Please ensure your contact details are up to date.
- We reserve the right not to provide scheme benefits to bidders who have outstanding invoices with any auction house for lots purchased on thesaleroom.com.
- Spend only qualifies where the online commission is 4.95% or higher.
- Spend only qualifies when the auction takes place in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
- We may amend the scheme (including the threshold and benefits) from time to time. Participating bidders will be notified of any such amendments which will take effect from the start of the next qualifying period (or such later date as may be specified).
- If a bidder who is eligible for a rebate does not provide his/her bank account details within two months of the qualifying period, the bidder will no longer be able to claim his/her rebate
How do I opt-in?
Click here to join the rewards scheme today!
Article is closed for comments.