A new search tool will soon be powering your Auction Alert emails.
We are making some adjustments to the search tool that selects the items delivered to you in your Auction Alert emails. We are hoping you will receive and see more relevant items in your emails and have even more control over your alert searches.
How will this changes affect your auction alerts?
- If you use simple Auction Alerts, a simple search without any special characters and operators (, *, OR, AND, or, and, &, not, NOT, -) you should not experience any differences.
- If you use more complex searches that contain a special character (e.g. *, (), ?) or a combination of ANDs and ORs. you may see your auction alert emails prioritise different results or, in an exceedingly small number of cases, it will not generate any results and no email will be sent out.
To prevent this, we recommend you break the Alert into a couple of Alerts, or you adjust the query, so it uses accepted operators only.
- AND e.g. gold and ring, you can have as many ANDs as you want in your query if you only have ANDs
- OR e.g. gold or ring, you can have as many ORs as you want in your query if you only have ORs
- Not/- e.g. -gold -ring or not gold not ring, you can have as many NOTs as you want in your query
- *prefix e.g. gold*, only one is allowed in your query, so we recommend you add each version of the word e.g gold OR golden where you have more than one *
- ? e.g. log?n is NOT ACCEPTED so we recommend you add each version of the word e.g login OR logon
- *suffix e.g. *thcentury, is NOT ACCEPTED so we recommend you add each version of the word e.g 14th century, 15thcentury
- ANDs & ORs e.g. (gold and bracelet) or (ring and opal) is NOT ACCEPTED.
If you want to compare multiple exact phrases you will need to replace brackets () with quotation marks “”:
- e.g. toft or alexander fisher or alfred drury or benjamin clemens or doyle jones or ernest cole
Should be: “toft” or “alexander fisher” or “alfred drury” or “benjamin clemens” or “doyle jones” or “ernest cole”
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you have any questions about this update or your personalised Auction Alerts.
Email address: customersupport@the‐saleroom.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.